Melindeeloo's Reviews > Mirrorlight

Mirrorlight by Jill Myles

Sep 13, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance, ghost-romance, kindle-freebie, friendable

3.5 stars - Her life having crumbled around her - she's lost her job, her guy and her home - Cora manages to get a house sitting gig in a castle and becomes enamored with the gorgeous but hauntingly sad but hunky ghost who appears in her bedroom mirror.

On the whole Myles' writing often straddles the edge of my smexiness comfort zone - I tend to prefer steamy to erotic - and the mirror sex scene in which enough of his/her parts are able to cross through a mirror into an alternate time (the whole body can't) also crosses that line from romantic to erotic. (I could have stopped at Cora's attempt to call her 'ghost' to her by ramping-up her emotions and some 'touching' and I would have been fine.) Up until that point, and after that too, I really liked this short story and I liked Cora's transition from fear to obsession for the man in the mirror.

Even with that one bit too much for me, Mirrorlight came out on the 'I like it' side and I enjoyed it enough that I am still tempted to give the others in Myles' Once Upon a Time-Travel series (Shimmerlight, Sunlightand Darklight) a try.

(Mirrorlight was still available as a Kindle freebie when I posted this review for those who don't mind the extra smex.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirrorlight.