Jennie's Reviews > You Heard It Here First

You Heard It Here First by Erin Ann McBride

Sep 12, 2012

Read in September, 2012

I'm not sure how to rate this book. It's at it's best when the author is following the financial and political plot lines, but falls down as a romance. Maybe it's just me, but I don't have much tolerance for the type of romance that involves heavy petting, but makes a big deal out of the heroine being a "technical virgin". The couple are supposed to be 35 and 40, but their romantic scenes sound like a thirteen-year-old's "secret imaginative journal." The non-romance story is excellent and hits hard as the lead characters, a television news star and a financial blogger, team up to uncover political intrigue and financial manipulation at the highest levgels. The language is clean, the sex scenes are fairly graphic and there's a lot of immature teasing, there's also quite a lot of information repetition, and since I read an e-reader version I found some strange formatting problems of the type that occur frequently in e-books such as chapter numbers that make no sense and sentences that drop off in the middle of a line, then resume on the next line. It's not the sort of novel I can review on Meridian, which is pretty conservative, but it's worth reading for its strong points.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Heard It Here First.

message 1: by LAWonder10 (new) - added it

LAWonder10 I totally agree with your review. I could not have said it better. Thank you!

Julia Exactly how I feel also. Agree it may not be appropriate for Meridian or my wards book club, but still well done.