Christy's Reviews > On Dublin Street

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

Recommended to Christy by: Trish

5 stars!

photo dbcc6d3c-480d-484d-8e59-65851e261d28_zpsnvlwzxlq.jpg

On Dublin Street is one of my favorite books. I’ve been meaning to re-read it for the longest time, so when a friend told me how incredible the audio version was, I made time to squeeze it in straight away. I’m so glad I did. This is one of those books that was even better the second time around.

Braden Carmichael is one of the very first book boyfriends I ever claimed as my own. In my original short review, I referred to him as my ‘new literary love’. He is just so damn perfect! I could go on and on about how much I love him. He's smooth, sexy, funny, alpha, and sweet.

photo b32697bc-53d1-4a57-ad3d-7370245b1454_zpsmzl0ukl9.jpg

Joss is a heroine I completely adore. I know a lot of people have issues with her, but not me. She is perfectly imperfect. She is flawed in the best way. Her entire life changed when she was younger and she is the person she is because of those changes. She does the best she can and the growth she has is inspiring. She is also so funny. All through the book, her snarky and fun attitude just makes me smile and laugh. I love seeing her open up to not only Braden, but Elle as well.

photo aa15b265-a357-449c-8d44-8f1cebc3c1fa_zpsdpkrhncd.jpg

Samantha Young is a fantastic storyteller. I find myself getting lost in the world of her characters. This book is wonderful. One of my favorite contemporary romances. Joss’s journey and progression was great to see. And did I mention how steamy it is? Braden and Joss together.. gah! SO hot.

If you haven’t read this book, I have to insist you pick it up right away. And if you like audio books, I can’t recommend this one enough. It was fantastic. Meet Braden Carmichael, fall in love with him, and thank me later ;)

photo 27624fc7-eecc-48bd-80a6-cd645bb6fa23_zpstbdbdez5.jpg

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Dublin Street.

Quotes Christy Liked

Samantha Young
“I feel like I'm missing something really important when you're gone. So important I don't feel like myself. I've never felt like someone was mine before. But you're mine, Jocelyn. I've known that from the moment we met. And I'm yours. I don't want to be anyone else's, babe.”
Samantha Young, On Dublin Street

September 12, 2012 – Shelved
September 24, 2012 – Started Reading
September 24, 2012 –
0.0% "Finally starting this one :-)"
September 24, 2012 –
33.0% "Okay I absolutely love Braden... And Joss can be hilarious at times with her rants"
September 25, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice review and yes Braden - perfection :D

Christy Thanks Karen! He is still one of my top BB after all this time... Love him <3

Rebekah Khilling I've had this one on my shelf for about a year now, and I finally cracked it open because of your review.

Christy Yay! Braden is amazing! Hope you love it ❤️

Elisabeth I have been putting this book off as well, but normally when I do that they usually turn out to be my next fav book so I think I'm going to go for it....

Christy Elisabeth wrote: "I have been putting this book off as well, but normally when I do that they usually turn out to be my next fav book so I think I'm going to go for it...."

YES!!! Braden is one of my all time favorite book boyfriends x

Kaitlyn I've always wondered if I should read this. Now I feel like I should put it on my list since we have similar tastes. :)

Christy Kaitlyn wrote: "I've always wondered if I should read this. Now I feel like I should put it on my list since we have similar tastes. :)"

Yes! I love this one x

Natalie I miss Braden...

Christy Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ wrote: "I miss Braden..."

If you ever do a re-read, I highly recommend the audio! <3

Natalie Thanks. I'm always hesistant to buy books on audio bc if the narrator sucks it kinda ruins the book for me a little so thank you!

Christy Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ wrote: "Thanks. I'm always hesistant to buy books on audio bc if the narrator sucks it kinda ruins the book for me a little so thank you!"

She is a perfect narrator! Captures them both x

Natalie The best i've heard yet though is from the Crossfire series and Thoughtless triology....btw, are you planning on reading Thoughtful?

Christy Natalie★for the love of TBH!★ wrote: "The best i've heard yet though is from the Crossfire series and Thoughtless triology....btw, are you planning on reading Thoughtful?"

Eventually.... LOL! I want to, but I'm nervous!

Peek At My Book Review Fantastic review Christy...I really loved this one ;)

*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time Great review Christy!

Trish LOVE LOVE LOVE sooooo much! So happy you loved the audio version too! Paula is the best narrator ever in the land of audiobooks!! She truly brought these fantastic characters to life!!! #BRADENISTHEBESTBOOKBOYFRIENDEVER

message 18: by Dee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dee Montoya I adore this book! Great review darling.

Kaitlyn I'm halfway through the book for the first time. I'm absolutely in love. Great review! Thanks for gushing about it and giving me to push to start it. :)

Christy Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview) wrote: "Fantastic review Christy...I really loved this one ;)"

Thanks, V! It was great x

Christy J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie* wrote: "Great review Christy!"

Thanks, J! <3

Christy Trish wrote: "LOVE LOVE LOVE sooooo much! So happy you loved the audio version too! Paula is the best narrator ever in the land of audiobooks!! She truly brought these fantastic characters to life!!! #BRADENISTH..."

OMG TRISH! I love love love you and your excitement for this! <3 You are amazing! And YES! Braden is the BEST!!! <3

Christy Dee wrote: "I adore this book! Great review darling."

Thanks, sweets! <3

Christy Kaitlyn wrote: "I'm halfway through the book for the first time. I'm absolutely in love. Great review! Thanks for gushing about it and giving me to push to start it. :)"

First time reader! Ahhh! I love it! I wish I could re-read of the first time! Enjoy Braden, babe! xoxo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, doll!xo

message 26: by Lo Bookfrantic (new)

Lo Bookfrantic Beautiful review Christy! These series have been on my TBR but just never gotten to them. Looks really good =)

Fleurs et Reves I looooove this book! Great review, Christy!

Patrycja Great review xx

Lady Vigilante (Feifei) Wonderful review Christy! So glad you enjoyed your re-read. This book is awesome! <3

message 30: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle As always, a fabulous review. <3

Christy Arianna wrote: "Terrific review, doll!xo"

Thanks, sweets! x

Christy Loyda wrote: "Beautiful review Christy! These series have been on my TBR but just never gotten to them. Looks really good =)"

Thanks, lovely! they are fantastic! x

Christy Fleurs et Reves wrote: "I looooove this book! Great review, Christy!"

Thanks, honey! xo

Christy Patrycja wrote: "Great review xx"

Thanks, doll! x

Christy Lady Vigilante (Feifei) wrote: "Wonderful review Christy! So glad you enjoyed your re-read. This book is awesome! <3"

Thanks, Feifei! I love re-reading my favorites! <3

Christy Danielle wrote: "As always, a fabulous review. <3"

Thanks, sweetheart! xoxo

Kathe L Fabulous review, Christy!

Christy Kathe wrote: "Fabulous review, Christy!"

Thanks, Kathe! xoxo

Rachel Reads Ravenously Awesome review Christy! This is one of my all time favs :)

Christy Rachel ♥Reads Ravenously♥ wrote: "Awesome review Christy! This is one of my all time favs :)"

Thanks, Rachel! Me too x

Jasmine Gorgeous review Christy!! :D ♥ This one is still one of my all time favs too!

Christy Jasmine wrote: "Gorgeous review Christy!! :D ♥ This one is still one of my all time favs too!"

Thanks, darlin! Nothing like going back to an old favorite <3

Stacey is Sassy Braden...Yum!!

Great review :-)

message 44: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Young Thank you for the gorgeous review! I'm so happy you enjoyed the audiobook :)

Christy Stacey is Sassy wrote: "Braden...Yum!!

Great review :-)"

Thanks, Stacey! He is very yummy! <3

Christy Samantha wrote: "Thank you for the gorgeous review! I'm so happy you enjoyed the audiobook :)"

Thanks so much, Samantha! I loved it x

Crazy for Books (Stephanie) Great review, Christy. I remember loving this one as well. I haven't read the rest of the series. I think I need to start from the beginning again... right? ;-)

Christy Crazy for Books (Stephanie) wrote: "Great review, Christy. I remember loving this one as well. I haven't read the rest of the series. I think I need to start from the beginning again... right? ;-)"

Yes of course! Do that! LOL :)

Amy | Foxy Blogs awesome! I can only imagine how good this one is

Christy Amy (Foxy) wrote: "awesome! I can only imagine how good this one is"

It's great! It really has some of the best narration x

« previous 1