Jenn Forte's Reviews > The Sound and the Echoes

The Sound and the Echoes by Dew Pellucid

The Sound and the Echoes follows a boy's journey into another realm, one he didn't know existed, where he comes face to face with his doppleganger. This book is an adventure tale, with a neat premise (the idea of the "real world" and the "echo world" where our echoes carry out their own lives). It has some great moments in it and the creation of the Echo-world is artfully done. Dew Pellucid's description of the world makes you feel like you're there.

One thing I really enjoyed in this book was that most of the characters' motives were not obvious at first. For several pivotal secondary characters, you were never quite sure if they were "good guys" or "bad guys" until their motives finally became clear. It lent the story an air of mystery that kept the story moving along.

I think this book will be good for adventure readers, as there is a lot going on in the book - lots of action. I also think this book is great for young adults and up - there are some scary parts to the book that might be a bit much for an advanced younger reader. And make sure to check out the illustrations in the book! They are beautifully done and lend a lot to the feel of the story!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sound and the Echoes.

September 12, 2012 – Shelved