Susan Hawthorne's Reviews > Claus: Legend of the Fat Man

Claus by Tony Bertauski

Recommended to Susan by: Tony Bertauski
Recommended for: everyone

I discovered Tony Bertauski and his books when I stumbled over The Annihilation of Foreverland and read it. That was a very interesting book so I gave a review. Mr Bertauski then asked me if I would care to read Claus: Legend of the Fat Man.

I was quite happy to take him up on that offer :) I'd like to mention I only review books I REALLY like and having enjoyed Foreverland I assumed this would be similar and as enjoyable.

What I wasn't expecting was such a completely different book! It's a whole new twist on Santa Claus, and one that I'd love to see portrayed on the big screen. It could be a regular movie or an animated one.

As I was reading, my mind went to the Grinch almost immediately, with little bits of Oz thrown in just for good effect. It's a wonderful Fantasy read that gives Santa Claus a whole new meaning and brings the North Pole into a completely different focus.

Tony Bertauski's characters were all so charming and engaging that I was sorry when the book ended. I will recommend this to both my writing and reading friends and can't wait for them to finish reading it so we can discuss it!

I promise you, this is one fun read. I couldn't put it down. Don't miss it!

Go to http://storybookster.wordpress.com to read all of my reviews!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Claus.

September 8, 2012 – Started Reading