Brett Anderson's Reviews > Trail Life: Ray Jardine's Lightweight Backpacking. Ray Jardine

Trail Life by Ray Jardine

7196974

bookshelves: adventure

Jardine is a genuine adventurer. His 25,000 miles of trail experience just scratches the surface of his sweeping array of accomplishments.

This man has put in the hours on the trail & diligently refined his system of lightweight backpacking, which he refers to as "the Ray Way."

Jardine has engineered the system shared in this book from the ground up over several decades. The first edition of this book was a pioneering impetus for many lightweight backpacking techniques that now are widely popular. Several times in the book, Jardine presented elegant solutions to problems I had struggled against in vain while on the trail.

This text provides superb coverage of backpacking that would benefit hikers of all experience levels. Jardine invites all to awaken our senses and view long distance backpacking through the same refining eye he has used to developed the many techniques covered in the text. A highly inspiring read, which I recommend heartily.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trail Life.

September 10, 2012 – Shelved