Asha Seth's Reviews > Fifty Shades Darker

it was ok
bookshelves: 2012, erotica
Recommended to Asha by: Goodreads Reviews
Recommended for: Fifty-Shades-of-Patience-bearers

I remember swearing in an ear-crushing volume about not wanting to read the next installments in the Fifty Shades series. Thanks to imbecile-irritating-Anastasia-Steele and satyriasis-sadist-Christian-Grey! But I also remember how I loved ranting about reviewing - Fifty Shades of Grey - and I just didn't have the heart to deny myself that pleasure again. So here goes.

What was tad better-

Anastasia still acts like the immature, imbecile, indecisive college kid here but finally, starts using her head, realistically. So, the urge to yell at her on almost every page doesn't swell you up. She has finally mustered up the courage to stand up to things the way she wants rather than falling for Grey's ways *sighs*!! This again is tiny bit relaxing to see her finally have some nerve and life of her know. The use of cuss slangs only spoil it but not so much as book 1 because you have sort of grown accustomed to it.

What was unbearable -

Though James' has managed to impart some peace to her readers' by leaving out holy cow and holy shit most of the times, she still could not really stop Anastasia from flushing a million times and exclaiming jeez every second that she could, which again is a few hundred times. I would have loved to see Grey the-gazillionaire-top-notch-CEO working and being a little involved in the myriad of businesses he runs rather than just looking for ways to screw Ana.

While Grey struggles to mellow down for having Anastasia in his life, it is difficult to accept the change in his sexual behaivour. James believes in leaving her readers bonkers about that one (for some mysterious reason, he falls in love with her). The sudden introduction of emotions not just one-sided and sex-driven but by the thing called love was unconvincing.

All in all, one thing that changed for good was its evolving nature compared to the first one in the series. But after 2 shitloads of drivel, I do need some breathing space to go on with Fifty Shades Freed, needless to say, I ain't expecting a life-changing experience. However, Here's my Fifty Shades of Grey review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fifty Shades Darker.

September 8, 2012 – Started Reading
September 10, 2012 – Shelved
September 10, 2012 – Shelved as: 2012
September 10, 2012 –
page 352
46.62% "So much better than Fifty Shades of Grey! Might start liking Ana. Grey is surprisingly transformed too."
September 11, 2012 –
page 500
September 13, 2012 –
page 630
83.44% "So engrossing!"
September 14, 2012 – Finished Reading
September 19, 2017 – Shelved as: erotica

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)

Book'd How was this one? I m waiting for your review !

Asha Seth Did not get around writing a review as finished reading at 3 in the night and was dead sleepy by then. It is following though. In one word, I'd describe it as 'Better'.

Book'd Reading upto such extreme late hours in night is not good for health.
Take care :)

Asha Seth I have read for nights together without an ounce of sleep. Thats my Fifty-Shades-of-Reading-Tendencies.
There goes the review. Read it if you got Fifty-Shades-of-Patience. Else, just hold on to your Fifty-Shades-of-MindPeace. ;-)
-Asha

Book'd OMG ! It seems that Fifty shades have taken a complete control over you :D.
I like it :)

Asha Seth Do not under-estimate E. L. James' tendencies. Her books have got millions of readers obsessed with her erotic writing. What am I?? And yes it can turn you a Sub with the kind of Dom the books are for some.

Book'd Got it !
I have already entered the James maze. Let us see in what state I will be getting freed :)

message 8: by Asha (last edited Sep 15, 2012 09:49AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Asha Seth Yeah and write a review. I'd love to read. BTW, which book of the series are you reading??

Book'd Asha wrote: "Yeah and write a review. I'd love to read. BTW, which book of the series are you reading??"

I am reading the very first one, I have started to flush in large variety of colors and listeninig to my inner goddess ;) then I will become little darker and at the end I will be freed :) :P :D

message 10: by Asha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Asha Seth Well, there looks like Fifty is running deep in your blood too ;-)

Book'd Asha wrote: "Well, there looks like Fifty is running deep in your blood too ;-)"

Am inspired by you and affected by book ;-)
Please pray for me ;-)

message 12: by Asha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Asha Seth I sure will!! ;-)

Book'd 3 stars from you means it is better than the first one.
I am starting today :)

message 14: by Asha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Asha Seth Hitesh wrote: "3 stars from you means it is better than the first one.
I am starting today :)"

Exactly... It is comparatively better! And you might like it too! :)

Book'd Asha wrote: "Hitesh wrote: "3 stars from you means it is better than the first one.

Exactly... It is comparatively better! And you might like it too! :)"

Okay, started. Wish me luck for survival ;)

message 16: by Asha (new) - rated it 2 stars

Asha Seth Hitesh wrote: "Asha wrote: "Hitesh wrote: "3 stars from you means it is better than the first one.

Okay, started. Wi..."

HeHe.. Yes! All the best Hitesh!

Book'd Asha wrote: "Hitesh wrote: "Asha wrote: "Hitesh wrote: "3 stars from you means it is better than the first one.

Ok..."