Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson's Reviews > Flight

Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Sep 09, 2012

Allie thought spending the summer at her father's new hotel working would be the perfect opportunity to get acclimated to living on her own before college at Princeton started up that fall. She also thought she would be spending that summer man less. That is until she walks into her father’s hotel and locks eyes with a gorgeous guy. Yep, who was she kidding? Her summer was about to get a whole lot interesting.

I have been on a roll lately reading some pretty awesome books and Flight was no different. I inhaled that book until there was nothing left. (I obviously mean that in a good way.) The whole storyline was fun and kept my interest the entire time. I loved the idea that Alyssa presented to the readers and her writing is spot on. It was the perfect story rolled up into a perfectly paced phenomenal read.

As for characters I wasn't sure if I would like Levi at first. In a lot of ways he reminded me of Kiran from Rachel Higginson’s Star-Crossed series. And if you know me you know I cannot stand him any longer. So I was a little scared that Levi would fall into that category of ‘Infuriating Guys’. But luckily Levi redeemed himself a little bit and all is right with the world….for now.

I like Allie’s character too. Obviously she doesn't have the best track record with guys if she has decided to swear them off for the summer. But Lord help that girl when she takes notice of Levi…the girl doesn't stand a chance next to him. And I liked her relationship with the girl characters of the story. The dialogue was exactly what you would expect from a couple girls who just finished high school. Everything flowed well and was easy to follow.

Alyssa Rose Ivy I am diggin this new series of yours…A LOT! I am in desperate need of the next book, Focus, like now! So if you are in need of a good read with a different take on paranormals…please, please try Flight today.

A fav scene from the story…
“Vampires are low lying?”
“They suck blood from people, how much more of a bottom dweller can you imagine?”
“True. But I don’t know…they seem more glamorous in books and movies.”
Yes, because books and movies always get things right.” He shook his head.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flight.

September 9, 2012 – Shelved
September 26, 2012 – Started Reading
September 27, 2012 –
0.0% "about 45% done. not sure how I feel about Levi yet"
September 27, 2012 – Finished Reading