Michelle's Reviews > The Game Changer

The Game Changer by Marie Landry

Anyone who has followed my blog knows I am a big fan of Marie Landry and I loved and devoured her previous book, Blue Sky Days. When she posted looking for people to read her newest release, The Game Changer, I jumped at the chance and quickly sent an email her way. When I received the book I did have to wait before starting it to get through a few books before hers, and I doubted I would get to hers in time for publication. But with some fast reading and the incentive to get to her book I managed to make it.
The Game Changer introduces us to Melody, in the middle of a dinner date with her boyfriend. While she expects a proposal he only has big news about his work. Realising the past few years have been a waste of time, and with no future in store with him, Melody calls it quits. Pretty soon her best friend Olivia, comes to her rescue and moves into Melody's apartment. What ensues is a lot of fun, girly times, girls nights out and home truths revealed.

From the minute I began reading The Game Changer I was instantly drawn into Melody's world. She is an average person who thought she had something special with Rick, and when reality falls down around her she is strong enough to make a break and walk away from Rick. I love how her best friend moves and comes back to live with Melody, its one of the most inspiring display of real and true friendship I have ever read about. I instantly loved Olivia and everything about her made me laugh, she is completely opposite Melody in all aspects, outgoing, confident and I loved getting to see her draw Melody out of her own shell. This duo are so supportive of each other, whether is Olivia supporting Melody in her times of need, or Melody supporting Olivia's daily change of career choice.

When Cameron and Julian finally arrive on the scene I enjoyed getting to see them interact with their respective partner, either as a friend or something more and I really enjoyed seeing their friendships blossom. Yes its not all roses and sunshine for everyone involved, there are disagreements and heartache and times when I wanted to grab Melody and Olivia and give them a shake. I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Game Changer, and anyone looking for a quick read with some romance, friendship and some cute boys, this is the perfect book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Game Changer.

September 8, 2012 – Shelved
October 30, 2012 – Started Reading
November 5, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Marie (new) - added it

Marie Thank you so much for making time to read The Game Changer before the release, Michelle! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :-)