Sarah Whitney's Reviews > Goddess Interrupted

Sep 08, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, library, 2012, young-adult
Read from September 08 to 13, 2012

"I'm not Persephone. I'm not going to cheat on Henry no matter what season it is, and I don't care how much time passes. That isn't going to change."
"What if things never get better?" said James. "What if Henry never loves you the way you deserve? What happened to Persephone... I don't want to see you repeat her mistakes. You shouldn't have to go through that kind of pain - you or Henry both. He's set in his ways, and he's never going to change. There's no shame in admitting your marriage isn't working - "
"Just because we have some problems doesn't mean it isn't working."
He sighed. "All I'm saying is that you have a choice, Kate. Understand that, please, and don't go running in the direction of Henry because you think you can fix him."
"I'm not," I snarled. "I'm with him because I love him."
"Then it shouldn't be too hard for you to make me a promise," said James. He was crazy if he thought I was going to promise him anything though. "Think about the possibility of living your own life instead of the life Henry and the rest of the council want you to live - and I don't mean consider it for half a second. I mean imagine what it'll be like if Henry never loves you like you love him. Imagine how it'll feel coming home to a cold bed and a husband who would rather do anything else than spend time with you. Because like it or not, if you stay, that's a possibility. And in return, I'll stop badgering you."

pp 148-9
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Goddess Interrupted.

message 1: by james (new)

james Amen.