Jason's Reviews > The Tommyknockers

The Tommyknockers by Stephen King

The first Stephen King book I read, and at the time probably the biggest book I had read at that time. This was when I moved away from reading books that were available at the school library and moved on to what I could get at the public library.

This probably hasn't aged well but it will always have a place in my heart as the first real adventure I had in literature, will I read it again? probably not, don't want to ruin a good thing.

What I can remember from the book, bleeding, headaches, a hum in the woods and the slow revealing on what object was in the woods.

If you're new to Stephen King then this is a good place to start.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tommyknockers.

Finished Reading
September 8, 2012 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Zoe's Human This is one of my favorite King books. I have a particular love of alien conspiracy theory, and this has all the things I love about it within its pages.

I had the best time in New Mexico on a road trip once. The VERY first person I met told me their alien encounter story. That story was followed by many others. The host at one of the campgrounds I stayed in had a telescope that he used to watch White Sands, and oh the conspiracies he told. It was glories. And yes, obviously, I went to Roswell and the Area 51 sign while I was there.

Jason Sooooo….your experience of alien conspiracy is PROBING people in New Mexico?

Zoe's Human 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣