Tara's Reviews > The Bridge Across Forever: A Lovestory

The Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach

Aug 04, 2007

bookshelves: favorite-reads

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bridge Across Forever.

Quotes Tara Liked

Richard Bach
“Whatever enchants also guides and protects.”

Richard Bach
“Passionately obsessed by anything we love--an avalanche of magic flattens the way ahead, levels, rules, reasons, dissents, bears us with it over chasms, fears, doubts. Without the power of that love....”

Richard Bach
“You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it come true.”

Richard Bach
“Anything we need to know, we can learn it from a book. Reading, careful study, a little practice, and we’re throwing knives expertly, overhauling engines, speaking Esperanto like natives.”

Richard Bach
“Part of us is always the observer, and no matter what, it observes. It watches us. It does not care if we are happy or unhappy, if we are sick or well, if we live or die. It’s only job is to sit there on our shoulder and pass judgment on whether we are worthwhile human beings.”

Richard Bach
“I’m here not because I am supposed to be here, or because I’m trapped here, but because I’d rather be with you than anywhere else in the world.”

Richard Bach
“Look in the mirror and one thing is sure: what we see is not who we are.”

Richard Bach
“The only thing that shatters dreams is compromise.”

Richard Bach
“That’s what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we’ve changed because of it, and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way is winning.”

Richard Bach
“How much to learn if we could spend one hour, spend twenty minutes, with the us we will become! How much could we say to the us we were.”

Richard Bach
“Why had such a promising world been crucified on the tree of obligation, thorned by duties, hanged by hypocrisy, smothered by customs?”

Richard Bach
“Next to ‘God’, ‘love’ is the word most mangled in every language.”

Richard Bach
“Boredom between two people doesn't come from being together physically. It comes from being apart mentally and spiritually.”

Richard Bach
“What a delighted fascination it is, to stand aside and watch our dearest friend perform on stage without us.”

Richard Bach
“That’s why love stories don’t have endings! They don’t have endings because love doesn’t end.”

Richard Bach
“I had grown up in a house with a fence around it, and in this fence was a white smooth wooden gate, two holes bored round and low together so the dog could see through. One night, the moon high, late for me home from the school dance, I remember that I stopped, hand on the gate, and spoke so quietly to myself and to the woman that I would love that not even the dog could have heard.

I don’t know where you are, but you’re living right now, somewhere on this earth. And one day you and I are going to touch this gate where I’m touching it now. Your hand will touch this very wood, here! Then we’ll walk through and we’ll be full of a future and of a past and we’ll be to each other like no one else has ever been. We can’t meet now, I don’t know why. But some day our questions will be answers and we’ll be caught in something so bright...and every step I take is one step closer on a bridge we must cross to meet.”

Richard Bach
“Has it ever happened, you’ve seen a striking film, beautifully written and acted and photographed, that you walk out of the theater glad to be a human being and you say to yourself I hope they make a lot of money from that? I hope the actors, I hope the director earns a million dollars for what they’ve done, what they’ve given me tonight? And you go back and see the movie again and you’re happy to be a tiny part of the system that is rewarding those people with every ticket...the actors I see on the screen, they’ll get twenty cents of this very dollar I’m paying now; they’ll be able to buy an ice cream cone any flavor they want from their share of my ticket alone. Glorious moments in art in books and films and dance, they’re delicious because we see ourselves in glory’s mirror.”

Richard Bach
“To bring anything into your life, imagine that it's already there.”