Michelle's Reviews > I See You Everywhere

I See You Everywhere by Julia Glass

Dec 26, 2008

it was ok

** spoiler alert ** I can--or maybe I can't--see through Glass. What I definitely can't see is why she gets such rave reviews. But, hey, I've read all three of her books, so what's wrong with me? Anyway, because it was about siblings, I read this one (or most of it; I skimmed the last 50 pages). It starts promisingly, with a spunky 98 year old great grandmother, but then Glass kills her off and...it goes downhill from there. The sisters are neither very interesting nor very likable. Neither grows or develops and then one dies (sorry, those of you who will read this, but if you've read the reviews, you'll know Glass had a sister who killed herself, and most of the details follow their lives.)

I liked best the second book, which is totally illogical, but at least has some likable characters. The Three Junes--one would've been more than enough.

At least I've never actually purchased a Glass book; remind me to skip the hype next time, and my eyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I See You Everywhere.