Brianna Lee's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Sep 06, 2012

bookshelves: romance, college-age, drama, netgalley, reviewed

"Beautiful Disaster" By Jamie McGuire

I received this book through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Oh My Gosh! This book is definitely one of my absolute favorite books ever! I loved everything about "Beautiful Disaster" so much - the characters, the plot, the setting, the whole story! I would absolutely love it if "Beautiful Disaster" was turned into a movie; I know it would become a Hollywood bestseller! I found myself wanting to be in the book with these characters. I actually felt myself get involved with them. I read this book in a matter of one day in a couple sittings, so all together it was really only a matter of hours. I would give this book easily 5 STARS! Jamie McGuire, formerly a self-published author, definitely deserves her new spot with Simon and Schuster - Atria Books. Congrats Ms. McGuire! You earned it!

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the characters in this Contemporary Romance novel! Travis "Mad Dog" Maddox and Abby Abernathy were amazing! Travis, a popular tattooed bad boy, is the champion underground fighter at his University. Every girl wants to be with Travis, and every guy wants to be him – except Abby, at least in the beginning. Travis was instantly attracted to Abby because she seemed resistant to his charms, and soon they became best friends. Abby, whom was running from her own troubled past, was so set on the fact that she shouldn't be with a guy like Travis that she kept denying her true feelings for him. Eventually, the truth came out and Travis and Abby became romantically involved. Travis' behavior made a complete 180 and everyone from their college was just waiting for him to treat Abby like he used to treat girls. But, Travis was so head over heels in love with Abby, he stayed faithful to her. Of course, like with every relationship, they had their share of drama and breakups. But, love conquers all in this story and there was definitely a Happily Ever After in Travis and Abby's cards!

I liked the college setting in "Beautiful Disaster." Being at the college age myself I enjoyed reading about situations I could relate with. I also love bad boys that are really good and sweet at heart, so I was completely in love with Travis' character. I also could relate somewhat with Abby's character in the sense of wanting to start over and not have everyone know about the past. Everyone in "Beautiful Disaster" was just amazing. I really appreciated the supporting cast and liked Travis' cousin Shepley, and his girlfriend America (Abby's best friend). Like I said previously, I just wanted to be in this novel with these characters.

If you are someone who is looking for an amazing read and likes Romance with the college age group, I strongly suggest Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster." I will definitely read more books by Ms. McGuire; I really liked her writing style. This 5 STAR book will not leave you disappointed; it will leave you aching for more!

Brianna Lee Book Reviews
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

Quotes Brianna Liked

Jamie McGuire
“To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her.”

Jamie McGuire
“I know we're fucked up, alright? I'm impulsive, and hot tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don't deserve you...but I fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I loved anyone or anything ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands...”

Jamie McGuire
“I knew the second I met you
that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it
wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”

message 1: by Jem (new)

Jem  Jade (Jay) Hey, on net galley, do they send you a physical copy of the book? Or an ecopy?

Brianna Lee Jem wrote: "Hey, on net galley, do they send you a physical copy of the book? Or an ecopy?"
Just an e-copy :) They have some great books, though.