Wenfeng's Reviews > Maus I: A Survivor's Tale: My Father Bleeds History

Maus I by Art Spiegelman

U 50x66
Sep 05, 2012

Art wanted to record the Holocaust based on his dad's point of view. His dad is named Vladek Spiegelman. Married to Anja Zylberberg and gave birth to son Richieu. Anja suffer from postpartum depression. On their way to the hospital they realize the spread of Naism in Europe. After Anja recover they went back to Poland and discover taht his factory was vandalized. He lost his factory but he does what he can to live. Jew started to be forced and moved to the ghettos. Vladek and Anja moved to Dienst Stadium with their families. Anja's sister did something crazy she commit suicide and killed or poisoned her own children and Richieu. Vladek and Anja went to different place. He went Auschwitz and she went Birkenau. Vladek survive and made money and brought Anja over to him. Then Vladek ended up in Dachau and it was worst than Auschwitz and was ill. Escaped again Americans save the day and Anja and Vladek were together again.
I thought that this story was very sad and adventurous becuase it was on a very high of a danger level. His escape form the Naism was very close. His wife was suffering from postpartum depression after birth and he suffer form and illness in a terrible environment. He was forced to go many places. He had to for his survival. But he ended up okay. It would be terrible if I lived his life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maus I.