Luann's Reviews > The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales

The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales by Jon Scieszka

Dec 23, 2008

bookshelves: 2008, caldecott-honor, fairy-tales, metafiction, picture-book, dedicated-to-me

This is the book I should be using when I teach parts of a book! It could be used as a very fun and funny (and hopefully memorable) way to show title page, dedication page, table of contents and even endpapers. At one time I tried to read all of Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith's books, but somehow I missed this one until now. I definitely need to get a copy of this for my library. Not only do I need to be ready next time I teach parts of a book, but the stories and illustrations are completely wacky! I think many of my students would get a big kick out of this book. As I said, simply wacky and a lot of fun.

Note: Another book dedicated to me! I think that's three now. I might have to start a shelf for them. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales.

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa What does the dedication say?

Luann It says: "This book is dedicated to our close, personal, special friend: (your name here) --J.S. & L.S."