Morgan's Reviews > Bouquet Toss

Bouquet Toss by Melissa  Brown

Sep 05, 2012

bookshelves: 4-stars, 3-stars
Read on September 09, 2012

Please excuse the crazy review you are about to read. I've had bronchitis for the last two weeks and my head is all over the place. I figured I'd just keep things in bullets since I'm still having trouble forming complete sentences :)

My thoughts on Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown:
-Very, very good story.
-Realistic relationships.
-Life-like dialogue.
-Unique, shocking plot twists.
-An emotional rollercoaster. Lots of highs and lows. Lots of drama.
-Some really funny moments.
-Some really sad moments.
-Lots of passion.
-Lots of romance.

I'm feeling a little bit better so I'm going to try to actually form sentences now! :)

The first half of Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown was an emotional rollercoaster. It was full of passion, angst, and drama. It focused on the past and present romance between Daphne and Mayson. Honestly, Mayson's character didn't sit right with me from the start. I hated the way he treated Daphne in the past, and I wasn't that impressed with the way he treated her current day. Something just felt off about him. Daphne, however, was an amazing character. I was able to really relate to and root for her character.

Then...BAM! Crazy, shocking plot twists occurs right about here, and the course of the novel changes completely. This novel is basically two different stories centered around the main character Daphne that are tied together by the plot twist. The first half of this novel tells one story, and the second half of this novel tells a completely different story.

The second half of Bouquet Toss was slightly less dramatic and a whole lot more romantic, in my opinion. The second half of this novel was my FAVORITE. The struggles were heartbreaking and realistic, and the romance was exciting, fresh, and fun. I love where the author went with this story.

The main constant throughout this novel was Daphne. Bouquet Toss is definitely Daphne's story, and the author did a fabulous job creating a realistically flawed, but lovable character. Daphne is the type of character that readers will root for. Another constant in this novel was Daphne's friendship with her two best friends. Again, the author did a great job creating real and honest friendships. The character's supported one another the way real friends do.

Overall, I really enjoyed Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown, and I would definitely recommend this novel to others.

I gave Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown 4 STARS (3.5 STARS). I look forward to reading more by Melissa Brown in the future.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bouquet Toss.

Candace Are you going to do a review!?!?!

message 2: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Brown Thank you for the fantastic review!!!

Fred I love your reviews, every single one. That is such a great insight into the structure of this. I basically focused on the first half in my review cause I didn't know how to deal with the twist without giving too much away, but you handled it perfectly! I am always learning from your reviews, seriously!

Morgan Fred - Thank you so much! You are one of my favorite people. You always know how to brighten my day. I really appreciate your kind words. :)