Lindsay Kendal's Reviews > The Long Road Home

The Long Road Home by Jenna Pizzi

bookshelves: reviewed

5 Stars – I haven’t given a 5 star rating for quite a while now.

This book was given to me by the author for an honest and non bias review.

I really love this book. It plays with all your emotions from the very beginning right through to the end. Sometimes you develop Tourettes for a while, other times you want to reach for the box of tissues. There were a few typos, but that doesn’t distract you from the story at all. I love Jenna’s writing style. I find it very easy to read and it flows very well.

The story revolves around Christina. A girl who has had a lot to deal with from her father being absent, preferring to spend his time building up his own life and affairs, to love trouble and having dickhead friends. Oh I so wanted to jump in the book and slap them silly.

There is an interesting ‘love’ element in this book. Michael and Logan and both strong characters. One you love the other you love to hate. That’s one of the things that kept me reading on and on. Logan is stalkerish, is determined to get what he wants not matter what, and what he wants is Christina. There were many “OMG” moments and so many times I thought to myself “what the hell are you doing?”

The strange thing is, I have a friend who has just been though something very similar to this. The way the author told the story was frightening similar to real life events. To be able to catch that, make it so realistic that you feel as though you are stood by Christina and going through it all with her... that is wicked!

I normally only read fantasy, and avoid the whole drama, thriller, suspense genre. But damn am I glad I read this! This book needs to get known more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Long Road Home.

Finished Reading