preppea's Reviews > Avoiding Commitment

Avoiding Commitment by K.A. Linde

Sep 03, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, zz-reviewed

What a rollercoaster ride of emotions. I just feel like I was dumped -really and truly, heartbreakingly dumped... When I think back to college, I remember loving all the relationships and drama and possibilities, but maybe I romanticized it because after reading Avoiding Commitment I feel like I time-traveled back to that time of my life and I'm not so sure I can handle it all over again!

Jack and Lexi have all the things you loved and all the things you hated about that first love. They are up, they are down, they don't know where they are. Every time Lexi thinks she can give Jack up, he comes back and makes her believe that this time it will be different. But it never is and she just gets pulled back to ground zero again. I could completely empathize with her inability to let him go - but as a reader - I AM SO OVER YOU, Jack!!!! I mean, really! I just don't think I can handle the heartbreak again.

So while I am going to be standing in line to read Avoiding Responsibility, I am SERIOUSLY praying it has zero Jack in it. I, queen of rooting for the bad boy, want to see a lot more Ramsey and a lot less Jack. And you know what? I think Ramsey has a lot of bad boy in him too - so that may be just the kind I like... Because at the end of the day, I want my bad boy to fall head over heels for the heroine, and the only person Jack ever fell for was himself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Avoiding Commitment.