Brendygirl's Reviews > Explosive Eighteen

Sep 03, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: janet-evanovich
Read on September 03, 2012

I enjoyed the book, despite the lack of laughs. I liked the suspense of wondering who went to Hawaii with Stephanie. I don't mind Janet Evanovich "sticking with the same recipe" for her books. I don't mind that Stephanie never picks between the guys. But, I missed the outrageously messy and demolished car debacles. She didn't even get messy from the rat-alanche! The skinned knees/holes in her jeans and a black eye were nothing near Stephanie-level on the disastometer.
Stephanie finally got her gun out of the cookie jar and uses it! And she uses her laptop regularly. And she's not as broke. So, she has evolved a little. However, she really needs to expand her technical knowledge somehow. Maybe she should take a lock-picking course and surprisingly be great at it. Or maybe she could perfect head-butting or some other tactical maneuver. And maybe she should catch a big bounty and MOVE to a nice condo for once. And I think the bail agency should have some personnel changes or something. And maybe Ranger should start dating someone else or Morelli should do a career change. Something unexpected needs to happen.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Explosive Eighteen.