Maggie's Reviews > Hunter's Prayer

Hunter's Prayer by Lilith Saintcrow

11989808
Sep 03, 2012

liked it

Over all i found this to be a decent book, though not as good as the first book. I had a lot of problems with the timeline/ plot and with Jill herself. I found myself feeling like the book was missing massive chunks of information pretaining to Saul and Jill's relationship, and i know that the romance isn't the focal point of the book, but Jill goes from a reluctant lover in the first book, to 'i love you's' and such. It felt like a massive chunk of their relationship was gone. And then again at the end of the book where Saul wants to take her to meet his people.. it's gone.. we miss that part and never get to meet his people, which i feel is really crucial. This is when they profess their love under the moon and become true mates or something, but we aren't given this seen in an epilogue or anything and that truly bothered me. And Jill. Jill has gotten to the point where she's all bossy bitch all the time. She order's Saul and Monty around like she's her much loved God, and is constantly raving about 'her' city. She's gotten so controlling and mean it's almost hard to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunter's Prayer.