Christina White's Reviews > Gone Girl

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Sep 02, 2012

bookshelves: mystery, favorites, 5-star-reads

"AMAZING" is the perfect word to describe this book.

This book makes my short list of favorites. The book starts off with a light and witty tone that leads you to believe you are in for a humorous version of some Lifetime drama....Shallow, but very enjoyable. Then suddenly you are in shock and caught so completely off guard that you can't do anything but turn the next page as fast as you can. The tone of the story changes and everything you read before turns into something so completely insane you just don't know what to believe anymore! Things continue to get darker and darker and the revelations more mind blowing. I finished this book and could only sit and shake my head with wide eyes and an unbelieving smirk on my face. Shock. This book is crazy, insane, and unbelievable.... AMAZING.

Character Casting:

Amy: Natalie Portman
natalie

Nick: Jude Law

jude

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone Girl.

September 2, 2012 – Shelved
September 13, 2012 – Started Reading
September 13, 2012 –
page 25
6.27% "yep... this is going to be good!"
September 14, 2012 –
September 17, 2012 –
September 24, 2012 –
October 8, 2012 –
October 9, 2012 –
38.0% "is it the husband???? I'm loving this... it's like I'm in the middle of a real life episode of Cold Case Files."
October 10, 2012 –
49.0% "I don't know what to think! (So good!)"
October 10, 2012 –
52.0% ""That was pure, dumb Cool Girl Bullshit."\n \n WHAT???? OMG"
52.0% "Mind = Blown"
October 11, 2012 –
October 11, 2012 – Shelved as: mystery
October 11, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites
October 11, 2012 – Finished Reading
October 23, 2012 – Shelved as: 5-star-reads

james Ok. If you take a break from Stephen King... Go to this one!

james Beautiful C-
Get to part2, & get ready to rock.
Regards to Adonis.
A-

Christina White You need to read it Melika! It's so crazy good.

james as i have said to many...
stick with me, kid.

message 5: by ~Mindy Lynn~ (new)

~Mindy Lynn~ Your review makes me want to push this one to the top of my reading list! =]

Christina White Lynn wrote: "Your review makes me want to push this one to the top of my reading list! =]"

you won't be disappointed!

james good character casting.
or maybe... scarlet johansen.

Tamarra I was thinking Scar Jo too. And even Jake Gylenhall for Nick.

Jennifer Lane LOVE your casting for Amy and Nick! They can both play whacko so well.

Christina White Jennifer wrote: "LOVE your casting for Amy and Nick! They can both play whacko so well."

I think so too! I really hope they do a movie out of this.. a TV series would be awesome too!

message 11: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Wow...this book sounds really good!!. Thanks :)

Christina White Sam wrote: "Wow...this book sounds really good!!. Thanks :)"

you are welcome!

Jacquelyn Arseneau this book is amazing so far!! about half way done and can't stop reading! I'm trying to read it while I'm working too and on all my breaks!

message 14: by Clarifina (new) - added it

Clarifina ~Books Are My Drugs~ O_0 You have alone convinced me to read this. This is now on my TBR list

Christina White Clarifina wrote: "O_0 You have alone convinced me to read this. This is now on my TBR list"

let me know what you think!!!

Christina White When is this going to be a movie??

Megan They're getting ready to film very soon, I think it's in pre-production still, but I know that it's very soon. David Fincher is directing which I'm so thrilled about, he does dark and twisty very well (my favorite haha). And I think Rosamund Pike is perfect for Amy! I can't wait!

message 18: by Sam (last edited Aug 08, 2013 01:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Christina wrote: "Sam wrote: "Wow...this book sounds really good!!. Thanks :)"

you are welcome!"

Christina, I LOVED IT!!!! OMG I can't wait to see the movie!

Chichi I'm reading this right now and your review makes me want to keep reading.

Christina White Chichi wrote: "I'm reading this right now and your review makes me want to keep reading."

It's awesome!