Meghan's Reviews > Endgame

3207666
Sep 02, 2012

bookshelves: sci-fi
Read from August 29 to September 02, 2012

Its bittersweet to see the end of this series. I've loved it so much. Jax's voice felt different to me in this one, but then again it should considering all she has been through. I did like this book, but after the emotional punch that Aftermath gave me, it just didn't feel as right. I was however very impressed with the way Ann Aguirre was able to write about warfare. She tried to write about it without glorifying or glamorizing it and she succeeded. It was a painful book to read. With war there is loss.
-----SPOILER ALERT----
But Jax does get her happy ending. I was so afraid that Zeeka, Vel, or March would be killed and I'm happy to say they all live to have a very odd family, which is great for Jax, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. But maybe its because I haven't had the experiences that have created to simultaneously and very strong loves....that and I still don't fully understand March.

It's a great end to the series, but I think Aftermath just meant so much to me it was hard for this book to live up to that.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Endgame.