Jacqueline's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Laurann Dohner

Sep 01, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, owned, kindle-reads, angsty
Read on September 02, 2012 — I own a copy

4-1/2 stars.
Very good addition to this series. The blurb really didn't do the book any favors. If I had just been going by that I wouldn't have picked it up. It made the book seem like it was going to be sort of hokey and trashy. But it wasn't at all.

It was really interesting to see a New Species who was brand new and hadn't acclimated at all. I thought that the doctor's motives (which seem prurient on the back cover) were quite clear and not goofy at all. The connection between the two of them was intense and almost violently emotional.

The only reason I deducted half a star here is that I felt the ending lacked a little something. The rest of the book had been so riveting and intense I felt the end needed to be more sweeping and romantic.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

MelissaB I am in the middle now but I like it so far

Lynsey A I agree Jacqueline. I definitely wanted something more romantic in the end. Like him seeing her at the soccer game and running across the field and picking her up and swinging her around. LOL Hokey but a little better than what happened. ;)

Jacqueline Lynsey A wrote: "I agree Jacqueline. I definitely wanted something more romantic in the end. Like him seeing her at the soccer game and running across the field and picking her up and swinging her around. LOL Hokey..."

LOL that would have been great!

Lynsey A Right?! :)