Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)'s Reviews > Living Words Of Jesus

Living Words Of Jesus by Mark R. Norton

bookshelves: 2012-sky-s-the-limit-club, yearly-reading-challenge, spiritual-food, bible-study-guide, owned-copy, christian-theology
Recommended for: Christians looking for a good devotional

This is a good devotional for a Christian to read in that it is a collection of what Jesus taught and said during his three year ministry on earth, found in the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. In the style of the Touchpoints series of books, the writing is divided into sections based on content. The scripture is provided in New Living Translation, and commentary on the scripture is included under the Bible verses.

To know Jesus is to believe what he said and what he expects of his followers. That knowledge is right there in the Word of God, the Bible. As Christians, we have the Holy Spirit to guide us into truth, and the Bible as our reference on God. With those sources of inspiration we can live our lives through the power God gives us. This devotional in my hands helped me to focus on his sayings and teachings and put them into the perspective of addressing life's specific conditions and what my calling is as a believer in Jesus. This book doesn't take the place of reading the Bible, by any means. Instead, it's a good adjunct for those who are desirous to hide the words of the Lord in their heart, and to apply what he said and what it means to your life in particular.

Although this is pretty basic, it serves its purpose. The four star rating is because it's a good condensation of what is spread throughout the Gospel that Jesus said and taught, and I like the ability to reference the Lord's sayings based on subject matter. I picked my copy up at the used bookstore and it more than paid for itself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Words Of Jesus.

Started Reading
September 1, 2012 – Shelved as: bible-study-guide
September 1, 2012 – Shelved as: owned-copy
September 1, 2012 – Shelved as: christian-theology
September 1, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Rachel the Book Harlot This is a beautiful review, Lady D. :)

Melissa (ladybug) Sounds like a good book to use while also reading the Gospels. :D

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books) I would think so, but also just as a daily way to refresh yourself on Jesus's teachings.

message 5: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Lovely review Lady D!