Carol's Reviews > The Emotional Life of Your Brain: How Its Unique Patterns Affect the Way You Think, Feel, and Live--and How You Can Change Them

The Emotional Life of Your Brain by Richard J. Davidson

We are so fortunate to have Richard Davidson here at the University of Wisconsin, so those of us that know him can testify that his findings that regular meditation can change your brain patterns and make you calm and cheerful despite a busy life hold particularly true in his example. The other benefits of mindfulness training, as well as other approaches to altering our brain's responses to stimulus, are fascinating -- and are clearly described in this book, which also describes recent discoveries regarding the parts of the brain used for different aspects of emotion and perception. The fact that the brain is more elastic and forgiving than had originally been thought holds hope for those who are suffering.

Please note that I do not use the star rating system, so this review should not be viewed as a zero.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emotional Life of Your Brain.

September 1, 2012 – Started Reading