Ken Kugler's Reviews > Fugitives

Fugitives by Alexander Gordon Smith

Aug 31, 2012

Read in August, 2012

Escape from Furnace: Fugitives, by Alexander Gordon Smith, is a rollercoaster of action. I loved it, as I have the first three installments. Zee, Simon and Alex have broken out and destroyed Furnace Penitentiary. They are on the surface but the whole world is coming down around them. The three of them try to form a plan for escape but they cannot escape from the nectar that is coursing in Alex’s body. They run into the military, other escapees as well as well as a young woman named Lucy (who becomes a love interest of Zee’s). The run but can’t get away, hide but trouble seems to find them everywhere. At one point they seek temporary safety in a church to have everything screw up even there. Then there is also a run in with the warden near the end and as well as a development of a new kind of nectar. The whole world spins into an apocalyptic hell as insanity blends and drags our hero’s around the blazing city.
It is such a blur of action that every once in a while I realize that I had not been breathing for sentences or pages, I don’t know which. I just know that I can’t wait for the 5th and concluding episode but I will have too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fugitives.