Lisa's Reviews > Around the World in 80 Dinners: The Ultimate Culinary Adventure

Around the World in 80 Dinners by Cheryl Alters Jamison

Dec 18, 2008

did not like it

I am in the middle of this book. I just finished the Thai chapter and am on to the India chapter but I have to admit that I'm having a hard time finishing this. I don't think I'll make it to the end... which was unexpected when I picked this one up because I love food and travel books. I had high hopes initially but the writing is hard to get get through and there was a lot of detail that I didn't care about and too little story interwoven between meal stops (not to mention the switching back and forth between I and she and we and us and he - maybe they should have gone back and forth in writing chapters from their own point of view).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Around the World in 80 Dinners.

Started Reading
December 18, 2008 – Shelved
December 18, 2008 – Finished Reading

Janet The American Airlines story almost put me off the entire book. Annoying. Who cares what they went through for their FREE AIRLINE TRAVEL???

message 2: by Helen (new) - added it

Helen Dunn I'm at exactly the same point in the book and I'm slogging along secretly waiting for the library due date to arrive so I can free myself from continuing. I can't put my finger on why I don't like it....but I really don't.