Richard (Bound & Determined...)'s Reviews > Tricked

Tricked by Kevin Hearne

Aug 30, 2012

bookshelves: best-of-2012-releases
Read from August 30 to September 02, 2012

I do not try to hide my love for the Iron Druid Chronicles. I am completely enraptured by it. I cannot say enough good things about this series!

Coyote is back, and up to his tricksy ways. The combination of Atticus and Coyote is a disaster waiting to happen, and like any book in this series, it is a serious disaster. This is probably going to be hard to write without including spoilers, but I’m going to try.

Atticus and the Morrigan pull a trick of their own at the very beginning of the book. And it works, and then…

So, I tried to right this without spoilers, and there’s nothing that I could say—this review would be one big spoiler! Tricked is an action-packed, insanely plot-driven story. There’s not a moment to rest, not a moment to catch your breath. Hearne pulls out all the stops with this installment. It’s chock full of Navajo mysticism, which puts Atticus at a disadvantage. There’s an amazing mingling of the two forms of magic, and, even though I knew nothing about the Navajo belief system, Hearne explains it all in the course of telling the story.

So, read this series, read this book. As for me, I need to get the next book in the chronicles, Trapped!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tricked.