Shelley's Reviews > Written in Red

bookshelves: 2013-releases, urban-fantasy

Genre* Urban Fantasy
Rating* 5.0

*First thoughts*

I absolutely loved this story! I believe this to be my first 5 star rated novel of 2013 and that's saying a lot. I love Anne Bishops's writing, and world building. Her characters, from Meg Corbyn to Sam the wolf boy, were absolutely fantastic. I love the interaction between Meg and Sam. It was heart felt and emotional. It made me laugh. It made me cry.

The secondary characters from Simon Wolfgard, to Henry Beargard, as well as Tess, are all scarier than anything you've read about. Tess is the most dangerous character you will read about because she's at the top of the terra indigene food chain. They don't care about feeding on meat (humans).

We get bits and pieces of Meg's life before she ran away from her Controller but I would love to see more. I would love to find out who the controller is, and have Simon have a world with him face to face if you know what I mean.

Seriously, if you get the chance to read this book. DO IT!!!

*Recvd from NAL 02/06/2013! Expected publication: March 5th 2013 by NAL Hardcover

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Written in Red.

August 30, 2012 – Shelved
13.55% "Chapter 4"
page 118
24.23% "Chapter 7"
page 207
42.51% "Chapter 12 - I can't tell you how much I adore Meg right now. She's simply awesome."
page 311