Teycordero's Reviews > Marianne Dreams

Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr

I got this book from the library back in my elementary days. If I am not mistaken I was in 4th grade. I gave the book to my mom because believe me my mom is a big time book worm she reads a LOT. She has this huge cabinet full of books, novels. She read it and told me that I should read it some time because its a good story. I refused to because I thought I was too young to read a whole entire book. After seven years I was in 4th year highschool our English teacher assigned me and 3 of my group mates to pick a book and ansWer & defend the following questions like who's the protagonist and the antagonist? The setting? Climax? Body etc. being the president of the group I was the one who chose the book. I chose Marriane Dreams. This is the first book I read. And its very special to me.
The story was about Marriane who Got an illness, she was bedridden so she couldn't attend school, go outdoors. Etc. She draws pictures using the materials given to her as birthday present., she spends her dreams within the picture she has drawn. Its a kind of story that you couldn't just stop yourself from reading because you wanna know what will happen next. The story was so simple yet I cant imagine myself had dreamt of living in my drawings. What was more intriguing was when the story presents the young little boy in her dreams named Mark and how Marriane created and manipulate everything inside their dreams. Mark is also a long term invalid in real world. They both helped each other overcome their fears. And I was so touched in the last part when they decided to escape and Marriane thought Mark would have left her but he didn't... He fetched her :')
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marianne Dreams.

Started Reading