TheGeekyBlogger's Reviews > The Uninvited

Listened for Review
Overall Rating: 4.00
Story Rating: 4.25
Character Rating: 3.75

Audio Rating: 4.00 (Not part of the overall rating)

First Thought when Finished: The Uninvited ended on a really strong note and made me hope that there are more Krewe books in the future!

What I thought of the Case: The Uninvited served up one of the strongest cases in the Krewe series. I really loved the mixture of a historical case with a current case. I didn't even get close to guessing who was involved in the murders happening in modern times. The Uninvited takes place in the historic Tarleton house in Philadelphia. I couldn't find that this was an actual house but the amount of detail made the house real to me. That is one of my favorite things about Heather Graham's writing, she just draws me a perfect picture of the places involved in her stories. The case was well paced, thrilling, and had an explosive ending.

What I thought of the Characters. The Uninvited was about Agent Tyler Montague and Allison Leigh. I love Tyler, he is one of my favorite Krewe members but I had a problem with Allison till about the 2/3rds spot. I love that she was a historian and very serious about it. However, she was a little to judgmental (of the Krewe), mean (to Tyler), and snippy (to just about everyone) for me. I wanted to like her but it took a very long time! The last 1/3 of the The Uninvited was a fantastic reversal in fortune where Allison was concerned. It was when she really began to grow on me! Did not take long after that before I really wanted Tyler and Allison to be together. The romance ended on a very strong note.

What I thought of the Audio: Narrated by the brilliant Luke Daniels at a running time of 8 hrs and 54 mins this was another great entry to the series. While I had a bit of a problem with a few of the voices, Luke is still probably the single most dependable narrator I can think of in the audiobook world.

Final Thought: The Uninvited is that last in this set of Krewe of Hunter books. I really hope there ends up being more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Uninvited.

08/28/2012
20.0% "#audiobook I don't like Allison. That isn't going to work for me if I don't warm up to her."
08/28/2012
30.0% "#audiobook going to put on the back burner still not liking Allison"
show 1 hidden update…