Melissa's Reviews > Real Vampires Have Curves

Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett

Aug 27, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal

I thought this story started out kind of slow. At first I didn't think I was even going to like it. Yet the farther into the book you go, the more you want to keep reading. It's really fun to watch Glory "live" and learn. She might be 400+ years old but she still has A LOT of learning to do. The main character is trying very hard to separate herself from the man who changed her into a vampire, it's like you're watching her fall out of love only to keep falling in to it again, like an old married couple. She is in love with him but hates certain things about him and needs to prove to herself more than anyone else that she is a strong independent modern day woman. I was impressed by the unique ideas brought forth from this book. A Kevlar bra to protect against staking? Why hasn't anyone come up with that before? A heat-seeking device to detect vampires? Genius. Bartlett really raised the bar in paranormal chick lit!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Real Vampires Have Curves.