Ramblings of a Book Junkie's Reviews > Dante's Girl

Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Aug 27, 2012

bookshelves: from-author-or-publisher, arc
Read from August 27 to 28, 2012

Coming into Dante's Girl I expected a fun and light summer read. What I did not expect was an amazing read that had me wanting more. This book seemed to play with my emotions-in a good way and had surprises peaking up on every corner. Dante's girl is all about growing, becoming who you are, and realizing love is all that matters.

The characters in this story are fresh and sweet with problems-like any other human. Reece seemed like your typical girl, besides the fact she fell in love with the son of the Prime Minister of Caberra. She was determined and seemed to have her head on straight-most of the time. Dante was sweet but did seem kind of annoying. Him and his Elana drama did start to get on my nerves, no matter how complicated he claimed it was. Albeit, it is easy to look past all his mistakes and see the Dante that loves Reese and wants her to be happy.

Although I read the summary, the plot seemed pretty surprising. Half of the things that happened weren't expected at all. I wish I could tell you all of them but that would mean spoilers and I'd hate to ruin the book for you. There is one moment where you could be near-tears so have your Kleenex near by. As far as the writing went, there were minor typos and errors which could've possibly been caused by my Kindle.

Here, I would usually state what I thought about the ending, whether I was squealing in delight, crying, or had my jaw wide open. But for this, I shall leave you to discover that.

Overall, Dante's Girl was a great book and I would recommend it for anyone looking for a good read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dante's Girl.

Quotes Ramblings of a Book Junkie Liked

Courtney Cole
“Life is full of kinks. And the great thing about kinks? They eventually work themselves out.”
tags: life

“I look up at him.
He is so devastatingly beautiful in the moonlight.
I tell him so.
He stares at me, his dark gaze unwavering. Except for my knees. It definitely wavers my knees, if that is possible. I know I wouldn’t be able to stand up if I tried. Which I’m not going to. I’m staying right here…with Dante.
“Kiss me,” I whisper. “Please.”
Dante is silent, his blue eyes frozen on me.
And then he lowers his head and his soft lips are upon mine.
And I might seriously die this time.
For real.”
tags: kiss

Courtney Cole
“I squint my eyes and glare at him.
“I don’t have a crush on Quinn anymore.”
He raises a golden eyebrow.
“No?”
I shake my head. “No.”
“Why is that?”
I stare at him long and hard, trying to decide what to say. Should I be downright, painfully honest? I’ve always found that the best way to be, so I nod.
“Two words.”
He waits.
“Dante. Giliberti.”
I hear him suck in his breath and I smile. Sometimes, honesty is refreshing and so very worth it.
“Me?” He sounds so surprised, as though he doesn’t know that he is practically a living breathing Adonis. I nod.
“You.”
He studies me again and I fight the need to fidget as I wait for his reaction.
After a minute of nerve-wracking silence, he finally answers.
“So, will you keep the bracelet?”
I nod.
“Can I kiss you again?”
I nod.
So he does.”

Courtney Cole
“I crumple onto the lounger and cry again even though I didn’t think I had any tears left. And then Dante is next to me, with his wet arms around me and he’s whispering in my ear.
And the huskiness of his voice.
The smell of his wet skin.
The beating of his heart against my hand.
All of it.
I don’t want to be without him.
Maybe he’s right. Maybe love is all that matters. And we can get through our differences. We can get through anything.
And then he’s kissing me.
And I’m letting him.
And I’m kissing him back.
Because I love him and he loves me and Elena Kontou doesn’t matter.
Dante’s hands are all over me, warm and strong and I lean into him, into his warmth, his strength. It’s still raining, but we are kissing in the rain and it’s sexy as hell. In fact, I think I’ll kiss in the rain forever. For the rest of my life. Because it’s just that sexy.”

08/27/2012
33.0% "Elana. No comment."