Deneé's Reviews > Ripper

Ripper by Amy Carol Reeves

Aug 27, 2012

bookshelves: from-library
Read from August 29 to 30, 2012

It's been a very long time since I liked a book so much, I've finished it in a day. This book was surprisingly suspenseful and interesting, considering I just picked it up from the library because of the title. I've always been a little fascinated with the history of Jack the Ripper, and I have read quite a few different takes on the mystery. I love the paranormal take Amy Carol Reeves uses in this book, and the cliffhanger on the end is quite enticing! The gradual plot development was perfect for the story as Reeves slowly releases different clues and tools of implications only to bring everything together towards the end in a nicely done denouement. Abbie is such a loveable character as she is a woman that can hold her own in a male dominated world. I'm very much looking forward to getting my hands on the next book, I'm sure it will be great as well!

First Line: "'Damn. If the pickpocket had taken anything other than that, I could have let it go.'" (3)
Last Line:"Au revoir." (343)

Quotes:
"I cynically observed that Scotland Yard seemed more interested in catching the murderer than in making sure women were safe from him." (110)

"'as I told you the other evening, I'm going to run away from here, elope. I write, and I'm going to be a writer somewhere, anywhere but here. how are you going to escape?'" (113)

"'You and I share a gift, Abbie. A remarkable gift. We are seers of things: past, present, sometimes future. We are some of the very few who possess this power. You can see things on your own, or see others' memories or visions as you did just now.'" (278)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ripper.

08/29/2012 page 3