Tiffany Dauzat's Reviews > Grace

Grace by Richard Paul Evans

Dec 15, 2008

Grace is an amazing inspirational story about 16 year old Madeline "Grace" Webb, a runaway with big problems and her relationship with 14 year old Eric.

In 1962, people minded their own business. What happened behind closed doors was considered priveledged. Children were their parent's possessions and no one could say anything about the treatment of those children. For Grace, life was more complicated than most 16 year old girls have to deal with. Eric finds her digging in a dumpster behind his workplace, and takes her home with him.

Eric and Grace bond in a world too big for their years, and this touching story reflects how one girl and her story could change lives forever.

I can't tell you how much this book moved me, inspired me, angered me, and enlightened me. When a book can cause you to feel those emotions, it's truly worth reading. Mr. Evans is eloquent, and even though this is a fairly fast read, it's emotional, and touches you. I found myself crying and feeling real pain reading this story. I believe that Mr. Evans is a child advocate, someone who spreads the word of God, allowing people to believe in faith, hope, and love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grace.

Started Reading
December 15, 2008 – Shelved
December 15, 2008 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Urooj (new) - added it

Urooj  Kodwavi They have a movie of this book right??!?!?

Stacy I am not aware of a movie based on this book, but I would love to see them make one. "The Christmas Box" and "Timepiece" have both been made into movies on the Hallmark Channel. The legendary Maureen O'Hara and Richard Thomas (Johnboy Walton) star in them.

Nishat Amber I can't agree with you more. I was moved beyond words after reading this book and, like you said, found myself crying and feeling real pain. I couldn't get the story out of my mind for days on end. I still remember crying over the phone when talking to my boyfriend the night I finished the book.