Jeffe Kennedy's Reviews > Monster in My Closet

Monster in My Closet by R.L. Naquin

Aug 27, 2012

I first "met" Rachel because she fangirled me on my blog. So I knew right away that she possessed extraordinary intelligence and good taste. ;-) Quite a bit later she announced that she'd sold a book to Carina, one of my same presses. Because she'd supported me, I did what I could to support her. But there's always a bit of trepidation when you finally get to read the book. You *hope* you'll like it. You WANT to like it, but maybe you won't.

To my utter delight, I LOVED this book!

I wasn't sure of the premise, starting off with the childhood closet monster turning up in an adult woman's life, but that's just part of what makes this such a fresh and fun book. There are bits so funny I laughed out loud and there's darkness that gets quite grim. The demon is truly scary, with no cute sexiness.

Already I have a sense of loss that the story is over - always the mark of a good book for me. There are still many threads to tie up, so I'm hoping Rachel will be coming forth with Book 2 soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Monster in My Closet.

August 27, 2012 – Started Reading
August 27, 2012 – Shelved
August 27, 2012 –
17.0% "Such a fun book!"
August 27, 2012 –
August 29, 2012 –
August 31, 2012 –
58.0% "loving this book - so fresh and fun!"
September 6, 2012 –