Krissy's Reviews > Wind, Sand and Stars

Wind, Sand and Stars by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Dec 14, 2008

bookshelves: non-fiction, 2008-reads, essential-reads
Read in December, 2008

Other than Le Petit Prince, this is the only Antoine de Saint-Exupéry novel I have read. I picked it up several years ago in a used bookstore in Guelph.

Saint-Exupéry's writing style is gorgeous. I felt like I was with him on his flights in Africa. I cannot really describe why I love it so much; I can only recommend that others read this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wind, Sand and Stars.

Quotes Krissy Liked

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“One cannot live any longer on refrigerators, on politics, on balance-sheets and cross-word puzzles. One cannot live any longer without poetry, colour and love.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
“Bit by bit, nevertheless, it comes over us that we shall never again hear the laughter of our friend, that this one garden is forever locked against us. And at that moment begins our true mourning, which, though it may not be rending, is yet a little bitter. For nothing, in truth, can replace that companion. Old friends cannot be created out of hand. Nothing can match the treasure of common memories, of trials endured together, of quarrels and reconciliations and generous emotions. It is idle, having planted an acorn in the morning, to expect that afternoon to sit in the shade of the oak.”
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Wind, Sand and Stars