Criss's Reviews > Rest For The Wicked

Rest For The Wicked by Cate Dean

liked it
bookshelves: cheap-free-book, read-only-once, series

There are 7 reviews on this book. All of them just absolutely glowing. Which is why I downloaded it.

I found this book because it was part of a book cover contest and after reading the reviews found it intriguing. But......

I thought the story was just okay. I'm not sure what these other reviewers are used to reading but really I did not find this near as fascinating as they did. It would have been so much better if it had not been rushed. This could have been easily a 300 pg book with more explanations and I read it in four hours.

In a matter of about three days there are two deaths, one love match, one really big reveal....that was actually the most interesting thing about the book... And people healing from their grief. It just didn't flow well at all. There is a cliff hanger at the end that makes you want to read more. And I actually might provided that the author writes it in more than 150 pages because the story concept is interesting but far too crammed together.

So I don't highly recommend it but for 99 cents ..nook price..it doesn't break the bank to give it a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rest For The Wicked.

August 26, 2012 – Started Reading
August 26, 2012 – Shelved
August 26, 2012 – Shelved as: cheap-free-book
page 42
28.0% "Hmmmm kind of interesting but a little lost. Feel as if I have been thrown into the middle of a story.."
page 80
53.33% "Okay... Little more interesting starting to come together now. Still waiting for the explanation as to why Claire is so weird acting."
August 26, 2012 –
0.0% "Wait Im confused didn't she just meet this guy Eric ? I hate stories where people fall instantly head over heels in love.... So not realistic...."
August 26, 2012 – Shelved as: read-only-once