Ari's Reviews > Words in Deep Blue

Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley

This is your next favourite book.
You just don't know it yet ^_^

“Words in Deep Blue” is both a love story and, in between, a bit of a drama. The voices whispering it are humorous though full of sorrow. The characters are broken and (against all odds) still whole. My eyes are now both joyful and tearful after finishing reading it. When I think of it my heart beats happily-fast, but it also aches faintly. This book is everything I wanted and nothing I’ve imagined, I loved it to pieces and then some more.

Once again, it took me by surprise the quality of the author’s writing, the power of her words. It’s because Cath Crowley has this -how can I explain it?- musicality in the way she tells her stories, it makes my soul dance.

I went into it blindly, because -you see- there was Cath Crowley’s name on it and I figured that she could list the ingredients of a fish pie and still make it sound emotional and fun, and I am glad that I did so.

I think that “Words in Deep Blue” might be your kind of book too if you enjoy a story about grief, about moving on, about falling in love (and out of it, and in again), about missed chances and new oportunities, about giving up and giving in, about people and books, and most of all about words. Words that cut deep and words that bring hope, words that remain unspoken and words that overflow in what seems like an entire ocean of emotion. I could happily drown in Cath’s words, she is such an amazing writer!

Read the full review at: ReadingAfterMidnight
__

Pre reading thoughts:
Let's fall in love! Shall we?..
Umm... Shouldn't this be out already? What happened?
Me wants! Me wants!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Words in Deep Blue.

August 26, 2012 – Shelved
November 6, 2016 – Shelved as: sweet-romance
November 6, 2016 – Shelved as: ya-contemporary
March 6, 2018 – Shelved as: mixed
October 6, 2018 – Shelved as: best-of

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina Hi there, just wanted to let you know I had this book preordered and received word that my preorder was being cancelled as the publisher has postponed the release. Probably means Cath Crowley hasn't finished it yet. Hoping it gets released early 2014!!

message 2: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Oh, so that was it.
Thanks for letting me know as I am really eager to read it and didn't know what happened to it.

message 3: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina No worries :) I'm really looking forward to reading it too!

message 4: by Sarina (new)

Sarina :) No words needed. To convey what I feel after reading a new review by you.

message 5: by Ari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ari Oh, thank you, dear! Feels good to know ;)