Megan Readinginthesunshine's Reviews > Emancipation

Emancipation by Michael R.  Lane

I’m usually a fan of chick-lit and women’s fiction so Michael Lane’s Emancipation wasn’t something that I would normally go for. However, I was completely hooked from the first pages and I didn’t put the book down until I had finished reading every word. To sum it all up in one word: Wow.

Emancipation is a collection of short stories which are very well written and told in a way that hooks you in and keeps you there. The stories struck me as very much true to life, showing the knock-on effect that one person’s tragedy can have on another’s.

The characters and descriptions are so well written that everything just seemed to come to life and jump right out of the pages. Everything seemed so real, I felt as though I knew the characters, and as though I was stood watching the events unfold in front of me. Gratey in particular was a fantastically written character that stayed with me long after I had finished reading.

Michael Lane is a very talented author who has written a strong and compelling collection of stories. He takes the reader on a powerful and emotional journey through the lives of a group of individuals who are connected and linked together by the same thread, proving that perhaps we are not all that different from each other and that we are all bound together in some way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emancipation.

Finished Reading