Shannon's Reviews > Shadows

Shadows by Paula Weston

Aug 25, 2012

I was given this as a reading copy with the advice that if you loved Vampire Academy you'll love this. And for once I think that particular rep actually knew what she was talking about. I really did enjoy it! Granted, things were a bit confusing in the beginning, names and groups of people are being thrown around like it's nobody's (or is that nobodies? Grammar, not my strong point) business. It takes a little bit to get it all worked out but it comes together in the end. The storyline is fast-paced, and just when you think you've got it all sussed out it twists and you're left needing to know what happens. The chapters are short and quite often end on a small cliffhanger type revelation so it's very easy to power through. The one thing that did annoy me was Gaby's swearing - what a potty mouth. I didn't need that much profanity on a lazy afternoon thank you very much. I felt it was all very uncalled for.

A great book by a Brisbane author and I hate to admit it to myself but here's yet another series I'll have to keep track of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows.