SD's Reviews > A Political Affair

A Political Affair by Mary Whitney

Aug 24, 2012

I just so love "A Political Affair" and in fact, hoping for a sequel to this marvelous story of romance, humor and politics.

Mary Whitney writes eloquently about the captivating romance between US Senator Stephen McEvoy and Anne Norwood, an intern. Anne maybe young, but she is witty, smart, intelligent (thank goodness!), and savvy. She complements Stephen and his prominent political family, such that the readers can relate to their relationship and appreciate the kind of love & admiration that a seasoned Stephen has for Anne. Being a political junkie myself, I enjoy the insight into legislative interaction/manipulation, strategies, posturing, and understanding the minds of the different characters. I admire the gritty Lillian, Judge Clements and Senator York very much.

Incredibly enough, Stephen is surrounded by strong and empowered women. Yes! So love Mary Whitney for it.

She's brilliant in the way the lovers are able to be spend time together in private despite the high visibility of the Senator. Their chemistry is fascinating, and I am mesmerized by the public and private persona of the charming Senator. I can feel the restraint that he exercises when it comes to Anne to cover his feelings and not expose themselves to the public. There's always that hint of desire that is quite engaging.

The book leaves me with wanting to read more about Anne and Stephen as they go through life together in the political world, and becoming accomplished in their marriage and individual careers.

I've pre-ordered the books for my Christmas gift-giving. Can't wait for the launch on October 18th.

Congratulations Mary Whitney!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Political Affair.

message 1: by Mary (new)