Nicole Trott's Reviews > You Are the Love of My Life

Aug 23, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from August 23 to September 08, 2012

~I have won this book from Good Reads First~

The secrets and drama this book lays out makes you feel like you are one of the neighbors of Witchita Avenue. I started to notice as the pages went on, that I was becoming emotionally attached. Like listening to the drama of my friends at work, sometimes I feel sorry for them and other times they irritate the hell out of me with their behaviors and actions. You know the author did a great job at making the characters real when you get mad if something goes wrong or happy when the character does something right. This book was really fascinating in the fact that the main character, Lucy, had secrets and lies that real world people have. I know a couple of people like Lucy which made this book all the more enjoyable, makes you think about whether or not your neighbor has deep secrets that are kept in the dark and whether or not they will come to light. I believe this book illustrates the basic fact that everyone has a secret or two that they bury deep down in their hearts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Are the Love of My Life.