Tracy's Reviews > This Place Has No Atmosphere

This Place Has No Atmosphere by Paula Danziger

Dec 11, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, girl-woman-feminine-tales, futuristic-societies, young-adult, library-books, high-school-or-college
Recommended for: teen sci-fi/ fantasy fans
Read in September, 1995

** spoiler alert ** I read this sometime in high school?? I remember it was on one of those spin racks at the library with a much different cover. I only remember small details about it. The year is 2057, and a teenage girl who is used futuristic Earth living is being moved to the moon with her family who want to start a colony on the moon. (Not exactly sure why). I remember that the girl has grandparents who were born in 1981 who are staying on earth. (That detail really stuck with me because that's the year I was born). The girl's best friend is kind of famous because she was the first baby conceived in space. The girl doesn't like moon living at first, and when she makes friends they comment on how it's funny not dressing for the weather, because there is no weather on the moon. Eventually she adjusts and then wants to stay. It was a pretty good teen read.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Place Has No Atmosphere.

10/09/2016 marked as: read