Kristalia 's Reviews > Stolen: A Letter to My Captor

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

Final rating: 5/5 stars

“How long will you keep me?" I asked.
You shrugged. "Forever, of course.”

ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

This book is FANTASTIC.

WHY? because it's UNIQUE, and it's not usual KIDNAPPING STORY. It's something else entirely, and it's WORTHY OF YOUR TIME.

Stolen is also quite REALISTIC, CREEPY and EXCELLENT STORY.

And, the one thing that made me love it is THE UNIQUE WAY OF WRITING. This is a letter... a LETTER TO HER CAPTOR - LITERALLY. And it's ENDING was what i loved the most. This story also has *serious spoiler* (view spoiler).

The characters were fabulous and you understand both Ty and Gemma completely and utterly. The less you know of story, the better, which is why i won't write any synopsis for it :)

CHARACTERS :

Gemma :

“It was like I existed in a kind of parallel universe, thinking thoughts and feelings that no one else understood.”

Gemma..sweet Gemma... Gemma who made a mistake... She is the type of the girl which is persistent, not a quitter and still hopeful... I have to applaud her for being one of the strongest heroines ever, even when she herself never felt that way. She was full of courage and she never stopped fighting... She was scared, and i was scared with her.

Ty :

“People love what they're used to, I guess."
"No." You shook your head. "People should love what needs loving. That way they can save it.”

I hated him in the beginning, to me he was just too insane... until i understood him, just like Gemma. I cannot even begin to describe how i felt about him... And even when i learned of his past...his actions still weren't right...and i cannot forgive him for that. Which leads to simple fact that he never understood right from wrong...

And it made it easier for him to plan all of this (and it took (view spoiler)).

But, i have to say that in the end, i did like him, because of one thing: He never made her do something against her will, except to stay with him.

____________________________________________

OVERALL :
____________________________________________

I just loved it. And i will love it always, because its the most unique story i have read for a while, and there were so many feelings involved which is why this story deserves no less than five stars.
I highly recommend it!!!!

“I mean, that star over there is blinking at me madly now, but for how long? An hour or two, or for the next million years? And how long will we sit here like this? Just another moment, or the rest of our lives? You know which one I'd prefer...”

This review can be found on my blog: infinity-of-time.blogspot.com also known as...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stolen.

August 23, 2012 – Shelved
March 9, 2013 – Shelved as: age-young-adult
May 23, 2013 – Started Reading
May 23, 2013 –
0.0% "Finally starting this now ;D (because my awesome friends helped me with my struggle of what to read next <3 thank you <3)\n \n "
May 23, 2013 –
5.0% "WOW, the writing style rocks! It's unique and i love the idea of making this as a letter. it's certainly captivating! (i need to read mooooooooooooooooore, damn studying ;D)\n \n "
May 23, 2013 –
22.0% "This is sooooooo........ twisted and disturbing O_O\n because i have no idea what his motives are....neither does Gemma. Poor girl........\n \n "
May 24, 2013 –
52.0% "Whaaaaaaaaaaat? I already read half of the book?\n WHEEEEEEEEEEEEN?\n \n Anyway, Ty is just to creepy for me, no thank you.\n \n "
May 25, 2013 –
72.0% "I'm really sorry Ty, even after knowing what you had gone through and all, i still don't really like you... :( Most of the time i just say Oh....\n \n "
May 25, 2013 –
84.0% "And now s#it hit the fan....\n \n "
May 25, 2013 – Finished Reading

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* *HAPPY DANCING*

message 3: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Enjoy! :)

Kristalia thanx hon ♥

Hershey Have fun! You'll love it :)

Feminista I am certain I have read this book :O

Kristalia hahaahaahaha :D

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Wonderful review Kris <3

Kristalia thank you darling, cant wait for you to read this ;D

Hershey Great review, Kristalia! Glad you liked it ;)

Feminista Awesome review Kris!

message 13: by Jessie (new) - added it

Jessie FABULOUS review, Kris! I seriously need to read this soon! :D

Kristalia THANK YOU ALL ♥

message 15: by Liz (new) - rated it 2 stars

Liz Wonderful review!!! :) ♥
After I am done with my classics I am going to pick this one up! :)

Kristalia Liz wrote: "Wonderful review!!! :) ♥
After I am done with my classics I am going to pick this one up! :)"

YAAAAAAAAAAAYZ ;D cant wait to see what you think :D
thanx btw ♥

Kristalia Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) wrote: "Must...read....this NOW!!! Love this review. I wasn't sure about the writing style but your review makes me want to try again.

Also is that nathan from misfits? and going to be simon in city of bo..."

hahahaahah :D thank you :D believe me, writing rocks :D

Hhahahahah yeah, it's him in the status update :D

ahaahahahahahahahah :D looooooooolz :D But his character fits Ty's :D

ahahahahahaha :)

Kristalia hahahahahaha :))))
well, read it and you will see ;)

message 19: by Leah (new)

Leah Great review Kristalia! I've been meaning to read this for a while now, I need to get my hands on a copy :-)

Kristalia Leah wrote: "Great review Kristalia! I've been meaning to read this for a while now, I need to get my hands on a copy :-)"

hehehehe you should, it was great ^_^
thanx ♥

message 21: by Jo (new)

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ Wonderful review hon. <3

I'm so not going to read the book though!:P

Kristalia thank you hon :D

whyyyyyyyyyyyy? :D

message 23: by Jo (new)

Jo ★The Book Sloth★ (view spoiler)

I'm all for fairytalish solutions!:P

message 24: by Kristalia (last edited May 26, 2013 03:27AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kristalia hahahahahahahaha :)))))
(view spoiler)

message 25: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Another great review and another book to add. You are filling up my list. :]

Kristalia thanx ^_^
hehehehehe good to know :D

Komal Mikaelson Great review, Kris!
Glad you liked it :)

Kristalia thanx hon :D

Blacky *Romance Addict* Awesome review Kristalia :)))

Kristalia thank you love ♥

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Amazing and at the same time heartbreaking review, love!

Kudos on the American Horror Story gif theme, it worked excellent with the review! And I kinda peaked into the spoiler.. OMG, my crystal!!!!

Kristalia Thank you love :D i can't wait for you to read this !

ahahahahaha, believe me, it did :D
omg, which one :)?
(p.s. i havent watched AHS lol, but i saw a scene or two with these two and it fit so much with Stolen (btw, should i watch it at all :D?)

Basuhi I'm so glad you liked it !!!
One of my all time Favorites ;)
Great review, Kris !

Kristalia thanx hon ♥

Debra Amazing review hon!!! Love all the pics and gifs!! Need to read this one ASAP! ;-D

Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥ Kristalia wrote: "Thank you love :D i can't wait for you to read this !

ahahahahaha, believe me, it did :D
omg, which one :)?

Not now that we are trying to contain your emotional side.... LOL! ;)
But after... YEAP! Total creepiness... O_o
I kinda peaked into the end spoiler. :P
LOL!

message 37: by Mitashi (new) - added it

Mitashi does it end with a hea ??

message 38: by Catarina (new)

Catarina Great review, Kristalia!! :)

Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie So you liked it!!! Great review!

message 40: by Rach (new)

Rach Yet again I loved the way you write your reviews :) Quick to read and gets the point across Loved it x

Kristalia Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) wrote: "The show is creepy and weird, like REALLY weird. And accidentally saw the spoiler. :("

oooooooooo i like creepy and weird :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kristalia Debra wrote: "Amazing review hon!!! Love all the pics and gifs!! Need to read this one ASAP! ;-D"

YOU NEED TO DO IT ASAP ♥
TY HON ♥

Kristalia Georgia wrote: "Not now that we are trying to contain your emotional side.... LOL! ;)
But after... YEAP! Total creepiness... O_o
I kinda peaked into the end spoiler. :P
LOL! "

HAHAHAHAHAHAA LOL
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay xDDDDDDDD
oh god.

Kristalia Mitashi wrote: "does it end with a hea ??"

(view spoiler)

Kristalia Catarina wrote: "Great review, Kristalia!! :)"

Thanx dear ♥

Kristalia Christine The Romance Junkie wrote: "So you liked it!!! Great review!"

yes, i did :D

Kristalia RACH ~Loves Shelly and Blacky~ wrote: "Yet again I loved the way you write your reviews :) Quick to read and gets the point across Loved it x"

^________^

message 48: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen Lovely review! Totally dig the pics from American Horror Story!

Kristalia Kristen wrote: "Lovely review! Totally dig the pics from American Horror Story!"

thanx ♥

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Why did I miss this review???!!! Love it Kris, AMAZING! So freaking glad you loved this book x

« previous 1