Dawn's Reviews > The Trouble with Cowboys

The Trouble with Cowboys by Denise Hunter

Well, I read The Trouble with Cowboys in less than two days. Actually, it was more like I devoured it. And I knew it would end up with my doing so. Denise Hunter’s writing always does that to me. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be ALL IN once I start one of her books.

The Trouble with Cowboys is the third book in her latest series called Big Sky Romance. I’ve had the fortune to read and review each of these books as they’ve come out in the last year or so. I’m not one to necessarily pick up a contemporary romance in the first place—as historical romance is more my addiction—so it’s something to say that Denise Hunter’s stellar writing and story-telling makes me turn from the norm time and time again.

The Trouble with Cowboys was a ride and a half. I adored the main characters, the minor characters and their subplots. I loved how everything is so intricately related, and how the reader is able to draw some important conclusions along the way from the strategically placed hints throughout the book. But holy cow, it doesn’t matter what or how many conclusions you might gather as you read, your jaw is still dropped when you discover the truth. And that is why I LOVE Denise Hunter’s books!

Life is messy, and she has a way of taking the messy lives of her characters, revealing God’s truth to them, pointing them in the right direction and then giving them the deepest desires and dreams of their hearts—the one’s they didn’t think they’d ever deserve.

I was given a paperback copy of this book by Thomas Nelson in order to read and give my honest review. I give Denise Hunter’s The Trouble with Cowboys 5 Stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trouble with Cowboys.

August 23, 2012 – Shelved
September 29, 2012 – Started Reading
September 29, 2012 –
47.0% "Don't want to stop!!! I love the way Denise Hunter writes a book!!!"
September 29, 2012 –
57.0% "Yep, those blasted flashbacks get me every time!!!"
September 30, 2012 – Finished Reading