Anita's Reviews > Changeling

Dec 10, 2008

did not like it
bookshelves: paranormal-romance, urban-fantasy, didn-t-like-much
Read in December, 2008

Why do I bother with this series? If I hadn't received this book for free, there is no way I would have bothered with it. The writing is fine, but the stories are just so BLEH! I think the author is trying to develop the characters and their relationships, but if that's the case, why spend so much time describing the heroine's outfits? I don't care what she's wearing! And the sister heroines make me want to throw up - they are so smug and stupid. For example, if you were going to hold a man prisoner who could shapeshift into a tiny little spider, would you tie him with ropes and throw him in the closet? Even worse, as an author, would you expect him to still be there when the heroine returned?? Everything is way to convenient for the heroines, and they tend to get sidetracked gossiping about their love lives when they should be concentrating on fighting demons. Yuck, yuck, triple YUCK! If you are looking for redeeming qualities to this series, they always win in the end, no one important ever gets seriously hurt, and the romantic interludes are good enough.

This book is about the cat shifter sister. I don't even remember her name - how's that for a recommendation?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeling.

01/07 marked as: read

Beth Ann I absolutely agree with your review! this book was just plain awful. And calling all the bad guys 'dudes' absolutely drove me nuts! I am only giving it one star and I will not be continuing with this series. yuck!

Danita Everyone likes different writing styles and different genres. I love the series and have read the first five of the series. I like supernatural characters in stories that have an obvious good vs evil theme. I like that the characters are written in a way that shows how much they grow and learn over time and through experiences. More characters are added as well as a more in-depth character background as the books go on. Some of the dialogue is cheesy but so were the lines in shows like Buffy, Xena, etc. I enjoyed the series.