Giselle's Reviews > Kinslayer

Kinslayer by Jay Kristoff

An Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher for review. Quotes pulled from the ARC may be incorrect and may be subject to change.

Kinslayer starts off with a bang and it doesn't stop there. It just keeps running full steam ahead! There was so many plot lines and different things going on all at the same time that I was never bored. So many revelations..You never know who to trust. There's so many people I wanted to trust, but at the same time knew they would betray their friends. Yukiko and Hiro's anger makes them dangerous. And when characters are so blinded by their hate, they turn into people they don't even know. It was so sad to read about. These characters that knew love with each other, hating one another for betraying them. This world is so brutal. Just like the first book, it's heavy on violence with mentions of rape.

Burruu and his sarcastic wits are back. As well as a scene where he loses himself because he finds a female griffin. Yukiko encounters gaijin, people with pale faces and blonde hair. Finally some insight as to what goes outside of Shims is seen. I liked that take on it, if only they were kind people. Michi had such a courageous heart. Being within the palace and being a spy to help save Aisha. Ahhh so much intrigue! I liked reading from her perspective. I can't imagine having to be a spy and an assassin.

Holay crap. This book is crazy.. Crazy good! Thank goodness I have the last book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kinslayer.

August 21, 2012 – Shelved
September 29, 2013 – Shelved as: 2013
September 29, 2013 – Shelved as: arc-physical
September 29, 2013 – Shelved as: own
September 29, 2013 – Shelved as: from-author
January 25, 2014 – Shelved as: bought-in-store
November 29, 2014 – Started Reading
page 71
16.06% "You have given people hope. That is a precious thing."
page 142
32.13% "I love Burruu's sarcasm so much haha"
page 184
41.63% "AhahAH AWWWW in a dog's mind everything is so simple. So cute"
page 290
65.61% "These is so terrible.. Aghh"
page 324
73.3% "You must be patient as stone until the time comes to strike, and harder than stone when you finally draw your blade."
page 347
78.51% "Holy twist I didn't see coming! That will make everything even more complicated! Lol"
page 392
88.69% "This is so bloody violent.. *shudders*"
November 30, 2014 – Finished Reading