Amyiw's Reviews > Shadow's Claim

liked it
bookshelves: x-2012, new-series
Recommended to Amyiw by: People reading the Immortals After Dark
Read from December 05 to 07, 2012

Was so waiting for this one

3- 3 1/2 stars
OK... well, I really liked it at first but... it got boring, tedious. It was the same tournament, fighting, meeting, romancing, and then repeat almost through the whole book. It is not the norm for Kresley Cole. Usually the books travel and the scenes change and the plot twists. This really didn't have any major plot twists. It was fun at points, sexy at points, and had some good characters, but it didn't have excitement and change ups like most of her books do. I liked the beginning, until I started to wonder when something different was going to happen, and read, waiting, and then at the very end, when finally something different happened it ended. Too bad the something different at the end wasn't more complex. I feel a little like this was a set up for Melanthe's book. So over all... I liked it, didn't love it like I normally do. Was a little bored more than 1/2 the book, waiting for something more to happen. It is the most emotion, romance driven, of any of the books I've read so far.

For those reading Immortals After Dark, this is an IAD book. It happens almost completely outside of the Dacian realm. It has several characters from the IAD show up briefly. And overlaps Lothaire's story in timeline, extending it just slightly further out. I like that Cole decided to use Romanian as the language of the Dacians instead of making up one, especially since Dacia was where Romanian is today. For an Immortals After Dark reader, it should be read as it continues the overall story arc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow's Claim.